I will run

When I was younger I was a pretty good runner. I always did well in cross country and until I had to wear a bra always did well in sprints. My running after my school days has been limited to a few organised runs and training for those but it was nice to be able to run to catch a train or chase my daughter when she was a toddler.

My left side is doing so well but it is still weak and very heavy compared to my right side and I can no longer at this moment in time just do a little run.

I couldn't walk after my stroke but promised myself if I did walk again that I would one day run.

I  have had amazing physiotherapy and eventually got to the stage of a Exercise Rehabilitation Scheme which is charged at a low rate but right now it is too much for me to pay out.

I've gone old school and gathered my old exercise dvds out


and am doing parts of these along with running up a few steps when possible and jogging on the spot ( this is not something that I would show publicly anytime soon but it seems to be helping)

One day....I will run    

Comments

  1. Well done- keep it up! Let me know if ever want to do a power walk with me in day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Yes hopefully next week and thanks so happy to get a comment. yay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts