Not Giving up

Its the time of year, new years resolutions have been made and people may be deciding what to give up this year.
After what I can only describe as a disappointing 2017 with very few if any of my goals achieved I have decided to

NEVER GIVE UP

My ultimate stroke goal was originally to "get back to normal" aka Full Freaking Circle (I am also an obsessed Gilmore Girls fan). I am never going to achieve full freaking circle but I am okay with that as that going back to normal would entail going back. I am only interested in moving forward. I have decided though in order to keep getting better I really do need to keep full freaking circle in mind.

My life since my stroke has been goal after goal after goal. I have a feeling it is always going to have to be that way in order for me just to survive and have a fairly normal life.

My ultimate big goal was and is to complete a run to raise money for the Stroke and Physiotherapy ward that looked after me so well back in 2014. How do you thank people who help you walk again? I will be forever indebted to each and every person who helped to look after me during this time. Nothing was ever too much trouble. I could only walk with the aid of a stick last time I saw most of them. It is so important to me that I get to complete this run one day.  I still have a weak left side and have still not got the strength that side to run....yet.

I have decided to sign up for a run this year (not the ultimate run) but its all about those baby steps.  This will hopefully give me the kick I need to exercise harder and get that strength up. Even if I can't run on the day it will give me an idea of how it feels etc and how far off that goal I am.

Be Financially Independent -All I will say regarding this is I hope I am in a far better place at the end of the year than I am now. Sit back and watch me do this.

I want to be healthy but I also want to cook or bake something that I really fancy at least once a week using only recipes that I already have in cookbooks at home.

Read every book on my "to read" shelf that I have not got around to picking up yet.

Once a week watch a movie that is mentioned in Gilmore Girls 

In a ideal world there wold be plenty of travel involved in this year but realistically - Visit as many different beaches as I can ( Luckily I live in Pembrokeshire so there are many close by)

Come on Jojo (My name is Jo by the way,Thank you for stopping by.) you can do this!!!


Comments

  1. Brilliant. Looking forward to reading this blog. :-) Good luck for the run and it will be fun visiting lots of beaches too! You can do it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I am enjoying writing it and feel like I'm accountable to it already so its working. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts