The way we were and the way we are

I'm lucky....

I had a amazing childhood and teenage years, the best and most loving family, beautiful friends and lovely boyfriends.  Unlike Susanna in "The way we Were" I don't look and wonder what if with any past loves but this book did make me think about good and special memories.



I've got many amazing memories but one of my favourites is just sitting in our family living room watching TV. I've recently got a bit obsessed with watching old Coronation Street episodes. I feel so happy when they are as it reminds me of those lovely little moments. My Dad is no longer with us so even if I sat down with my Mum and sisters in our family home and watched old Coronation Street it could never make me as happy and as safe as I felt back then.  I miss him and I miss us when he was here.


I used to get so excited about getting my comic or magazine delivered every week

Twinkle, Bunty, My Guy, Girl, Jackie

I love The Simple Things magazine these days but nothing will ever beat that feeling of of those old comics and magazines.

Another one of my favourite memories is watching Cinderella with my little sister again and again etc. I really hope I get to go to Disneyland one day with her and meet Cinderella. Yes we are all grown up now but I will always love Disney.  I have been twice and was amazing going with my daughter but we need to bring Aunty Ceri, Aunty Claire, Nanny and the cousins next time.

I am lucky to have had lovely boyfriends and friends, lots of fabulous memories.

Back to the present, I love spending time with my family and this is another reason for wanting a blog. I love the idea of capturing memories to look back on. It is also on my To Do list to make Scrapbooks. I have collected memories from at least 2008 and am going to make a start on this this year along with making sure I get more photos printed.
I have fabulous friends .....dotted around the world these days. I must admit that since having the stroke I feel like I am not in touch with many friends other than family or very close friends.

"Didn't you think?"   would be the name my book, if I ever wrote one about my stroke.

I have got asked that at various points of my recovery and the answer is always a resounding NO

I'm so sorry if I have lost touch with people but unless they have been obviously around me chances are I've probably been thinking about other things like remembering how to walk, to talk with comprehension and relearning how to generally live again.

At present, I like to spend a bit of time surrounded by people but then I need to spend equal or more time by myself as I still find being around others tiring. I know its not possible to put a time limit on this goal but I want to make sure I keep working on it.


I am grateful for all my old happy memories an looking forward to making and capturing new ones.









Comments

Popular Posts